- Soak the rinsed split red lentils and water togather for 1 hour. Transfer soaked red lentils, onions, chives, salt and pepper into a food processor and process until smooth. It fry up beautifully.
- Preheat oil to 375F. Gently drop scant tablespoonfuls of the lentil batter into the oil (I use a second spoon to gently push the batter so it does not splatter). Fry 3-4 spoonfuls at a time turniung occasionally until golden. Remove from oil and let drain on a paper-towel-lined platter.
- To serve, whisk togather mayonnaise and red chilli and serve the fritters fresh with the sauce. Enjoy!
- 1 cup filtered water
- 1 cup split red lentils, rinsed
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup chopped onion)
- 8-10 springs chives, finely chopped (about 3 tbsp chopped chives)
1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Red chill powder