Adai Diabetic Recipe
- Wash and soak the rice, dais and fenugreek seeds in water in separate vessels for 2 hours. Drain and keep aside.
- Combine the rice, dais, fenugreek seeds and asafoetida along with enough water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the green chillies, ginger, coriander, salt and a little water if required and mix well. Heat a non-stick pan and grease it lightly with oil.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of the batter to form an adai of 100 mm (4") diameter. Cook on both sides till golden brown using a little oil.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make 7 more adais.
- Serve hot with garlic tomato chutney.
- 2 tbsp rice (chawal)
- 3 tbsp masoor dal (split red lentil)
- 3 tbsp green moong dal (split green gram)
- 1 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 1 tsp fenugreek (methi) seeds a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tsp grated ginger (adrak)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tsp oil
- salt to taste
- For Serving 4 tbsp garlic tomato chutney