Moong Dal Dhokla
- Combine the yellow moong dal and green chillies and blend in a mixer using a little water to make a paste of pouring consistency.
- Transfer the paste to a bowl, add the salt, sugar, asafoetida, oil, turmeric powder, besan and curds and mix well to make a batter.
- Just before steaming, sprinkle fruit salt and mix lightly. Pour the batter into a greased 175 mm. (7") diameter thali.
- Steam in a steamer for 10 to 12 minutes or till the dhokalas are cooked. Keep aside. Heat the oil in a small non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the sesame seeds, asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Pour the tempering over the prepared dhoklas and spread it evenly. Sprinkle the coriander and coconut evenly on top. Cut into pieces and serve hot with green chutney.
- For The Batter
- 3/4 cup soaked yellow moong dal (split yellow gram)
- 3 green chillies
- salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp besan (bengal gram flour)
- 2 tbsp curds (dahi)
- 1 1/2 tsp fruit salt