Moong Dal halwa
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan. Add gram flour and mix well. Add moong dal, lower heat and mix well.
- Saute, stirring continuously, till golden brown or for 20-25 minutes.
- Heat Y2 cup milk in a non-stick pan. Add generous pinch of saffron and mix well for 1 minute. Switch off heat.
- Heat sugar and 1 cup water in another non-stick pan. Cook till sugar dissolves completely.
- Add saffron milk to moong dal and mix well.
- Add remaining milk and keep stirring Add khoya in saffron milk pan, mix and heat for 2 minutes.
- Add khoya to moong dal mixture alongwith cardamom powder, some almond slivers and sugar syrup.
- Mix well, cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring once a while. Mix once & transfer in a serving dish.
- Serve hot garnished with chandi ka varq, saffron and remaining almond slivers.
- Agropure moong dhuli dal soaked and ground to a coarse paste 1 cup
- Ghee 1 cup
- Gram flour (besan) 1 table spoon
- Milk 1 1/2 cups
- Saffron (kesar) for garnish
- Sugar 1 cup
- Khoya/mawa 3/4
- Green cardamom powder a pinch
- Almonds cut into slivers 10-12
- Chandi ka varq 1 sheet